Saturday 22 September 2012

School Uniform

I had a short visit to my university on Friday. Didn't feel like putting anything too fancy on me, so I decided to go with a basic odd jacket-casual tie-jeans-casual derbies look.




Could've used a more casual shirt, but I suppose this one still works here. The tie is an unlined wool tie with a very sort of shabby and rough texture - perfect for this time of the year. Pocket square is a wool silk blend with navy dots.




Jeans are a bit older with a nice darker shade of blue. Shoes are John Lobbs, a pair that has seen a lot. I've used them to climb some cliffs in Grand Canyon, defeat the rain in Scotland and they've also stepped on some fish eyes in Shanghai. Still going strong though, with only a few battle scars to show.




Tomorrow I will post the most important post so far, concerning the king of tie knots - the mighty four in hand. Check back on Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Recalling my days at University in the 1970s (days of long hair & student occupations!) I recall, when I walked around my campus in a suit and bow tie (all the time) I was denounced as an Anarchist! I liked that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I can see the picture in my head. Those must've been the times.

      Delete
  2. I'm really loving this jacket! is it this one:http://www.suitsupply.com/italia-light-grey-plain-c447/C447,en,pd.html?start=1&cgid=Jackets ?

    Anyway I never got to tell you about the ss stuff that arrived and thank you for the recomandation. Here goes:

    The jacket: the fabric is so nice, it puts some canali stuff I got to shame. About construction I am no expert, I will have to wear it to be able to tell about quality. The fit is pretty good as is, I have to give it a few wears to see if I want any mods done.

    The cotton suit: this I like even more,it will allow me to create quite a lot of outfits. But this one needs to see a tailor before I can wear it. It needs a little sleeve tapering, shortening the jacket by about 2cm, letting it out a little in the waist and tapering the pants.

    Vali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vali,

      Yes, it is that jacket. However, I bought mine already a year ago. I never really grew to like it due to the shoulders, so I had it quite heavily modified just now. Can't really recommend the Italia fit to be honest.

      Good to hear that you were happy with your purchases. I'm doing almost the same things to my cotton suit when the winter comes and the season to wear it is totally over. Once you've had yours to a tailor, let me know if there was enough of extra fabric to let out? That'd be very good information and I'd be thankful. :)

      Delete
  3. The tie knot here is not very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. So far I haven't really been able to tie a nice knot to this tie. It's just too slim and thick. I like the texture and the color though so I've given it a pass.

      Delete